Council Member I. Daneek Miller announced the winners for District 27’s Participatory Budgeting projects! They are:
- Laptops for Classroom Learning (5 schools): $50,000 towards laptops for the Benjamin Franklin High School for Finance and Information Technology, PS/IS 268, PS 176, PS 140, PS 95 ($250,000)
- Bus Countdown Clocks/Real Time Information: Countdown clocks will be placed along the Q2, Q3, Q4, Q27, and Q110 routes ($270,000)
- NYPD Safety Cameras: Cameras will be installed in St. Albans and Jamaica ($150,000)
- Laptops for Classroom Learning (4 schools): $50,000 towards laptops for PS 118, PS 134, PS 37 and the Emerson School ($200,000)
- Security Cameras for School Safety: PS 36 will receive security cameras around the perimeter of the building ($400,000)
A reported 1900 residents cast votes in this cycle which will allocates 1,270,000 from the Capital budget. The next Participatory Budgeting cycle will be this summer!.
In case you missed it, Council Member Donovan Richard announced the winners for the District 31 participatory budgeting cycle for Southeast Queens and Far Rockaway.
The winning project selected for the Southeast Queens community:
- PS 132: New Kitchen – $1 million
The winning projects selected for the Far Rockaway community:
- Village Academy: Greenhouse Project – $500,000
- Village Academy: Technology Upgrades – $250,000
- PS 42: Engineering Computer Lab Upgrade – $250,000
A reported 4,799 voters on participated and allocated $2 million for the top programs.